It Takes a Hero was a 2004 Best First Historical Romance Nominee by Romantic Times.
- It Takes a Hero was nominated for Best Love & Laughter Historical by Romantic Times. Elizabeth previously won this award for her book, No Marriage of Convenience.
- A special hardback edition of It Takes a Hero sold out through Rhapsody Book Club. Some of Elizabeth’s more recent titles are still available.
- Rafe Danvers was awarded a KISS award from Romantic Times for being “a hardheaded man who willingly walks into trouble.”
- It Takes a Hero debuts at #103 on the USA Today bestseller list.
- Romantic Times calls It Takes a Hero a “Top Pick” for April.