1) Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? My favorite tropical paradise is Bali (the combination of beaches, art and the spiritual is wonderful). My favorite city is Istanbul (a combination of so many different cultures). The city I’d most like to live in is Chicago (the setting of Sinful Rewards).
Archive for 'Romance novels'
If you are like me, your writing time is both precious and never long enough. So here are some of my methods to make sure you are getting the most pages out of your limited time.
1) Stop reading email, Tweets, Facebook, Instagram, et al. Okay, maybe that’s a little drastic, but how about printing out this little rule and stick it on your computer screen: Writing first, all the rest second. To make is easier, turn off all your alerts and anything that might nudge you to go take a peek. Stay on target.
2) Do as much pre-writing … Read more »
Welcome, Avon Addict Aemelia. If you don’t know Aemelia, here are some things to get you started…
1) What is the very first romance novel that you read? It was TAME THE RISING TIDE by Virginia Morgan, I found it on the bookshelf of my best friend’s mom one morning after I spent the night (I was always an early riser)! I was hooked! Shortly thereafter I discovered Kathleen E Woodiwiss, Johanna Lindsey, Julie Garwood, Brenda Joyce, Judith McNaught… and the rest was history! Lol.
2) If you could choose any 3 authors to gossip with over lunch, who would … Read more »
This book, No Marriage of Convenience, was originally slated as the follow-up to Brazen Angel, and was to be the story of Emma’s illegitimate daughter, Riley. However, my Dell editor at the time passed on the idea and wanted me to write Brazen Heiress instead.
When Avon asked me if I had anything I would be interested in doing for them, I immediately proposed this story, the one I had been waiting three years to write. Of course, by changing publishing houses I had to take the Brazen connection out of the book, but I think it … Read more »
Welcome to the blog, Ellie Macdonald, author of The Governess Club series!
Here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about Ellie:
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? My family called me The Mad Hatter because of my quick temper as a child and it’s also a play on my real name. They still call me it every once in awhile; my mom and sister even bought me a mug with The Mad Hatter on it at Disney World last year.
2) What’s your strongest/most productive writing habit? I wear noise reducing headphones. They are kinda like blinders … Read more »
Jody hosts the popular blog, Words of Wisdom from The Scarf Princess where she shares her love of books, amongst other things (as well as keeping a great list of giveaways–so if you like contests…).
But before you dash off to visit her blog, let me introduce, Joder:
1) Favorite name for a hero or heroine. Fave name for a hero is Devyn.
2) Do you immediately start another book once you finished one? As a blogger/reviewer I’m constantly reading and even dream of reading!
3) Favorite place to read? In front of my office window in the morning with … Read more »
Since last week we looked at Tempted by the Night, it only seemed right to take a look back at the book that started that series, His Mistress by Morning.
Every book has a different inspiration, that moment when the idea bursts to life in my imagination and I know it won’t stop clamoring at me until I write the darn thing. The idea for His Mistress by Morning came along one night after watching the movie You Wish on the Disney Channel with my son, Nicholas. The story is about Alex, a teenaged boy with a pesky little … Read more »
Let’s give a big welcome to the lovely and talented, Mia Marlowe–who was willing to spill 5 Things your might not know about her.
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? When I was in middle school, my friends called me “Granny.” I hope it because of my glasses! But I think it may have been because I’m the sort who likes to take care of people and make sure they’re okay. I love my family, but also like the idea that friends are the family you choose for yourself.
2) How do you pick the names of your … Read more »
Hi everyone! This is Dana, Elizabeth’s assistant.
We have some great news!
Elizabeth is going to do a comprehensive blog tour throughout the month of November, and there will be all sorts of contests, fun posts, and giveaways. So take a look below to find her tour schedule, and don’t forget to drop by and say hello… You never know what fun is in store for you!
… Read more »
Lisa is everything an Avon Addict needs to be: crazy wild over romance. Plus, she’s willing to get out there and really prove her love, as evidenced by her grand display at the 2013 RWA Literacy signing. She’s a bundle of wonderful energy and one of my favorite people to run into because her smile is infectious. And in a good way, not a scary, run-for-your-life Ebola sort of way.
So without any further ado, may I introduce you to Lisa Lin.
1) Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? Spain. I took part in a study … Read more »