Archive for 'Regency'
Katharine Ashe is the award winning author of adventurous, bestselling Regency romances from Avon! But her newest novella, in the anthology At the Billionaire’s Wedding, is a romp in contemporary romance. Here, she shares with us five things you probably didn’t know about her.
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? “Katie, Katie, the Paper Cup Lady”. One day in 1st grade I was innocently sitting cross-legged on my fuzzy blue Cookie Monster mat at snack time, when my teacher asked me to pass out the paper cups for juice. Someone called me that name, and it stuck, … Read more »
This book, No Marriage of Convenience, was originally slated as the follow-up to Brazen Angel, and was to be the story of Emma’s illegitimate daughter, Riley. However, my Dell editor at the time passed on the idea and wanted me to write Brazen Heiress instead.
When Avon asked me if I had anything I would be interested in doing for them, I immediately proposed this story, the one I had been waiting three years to write. Of course, by changing publishing houses I had to take the Brazen connection out of the book, but I think it … Read more »
Welcome to the blog, Ellie Macdonald, author of The Governess Club series!
Here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about Ellie:
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? My family called me The Mad Hatter because of my quick temper as a child and it’s also a play on my real name. They still call me it every once in awhile; my mom and sister even bought me a mug with The Mad Hatter on it at Disney World last year.
2) What’s your strongest/most productive writing habit? I wear noise reducing headphones. They are kinda like blinders … Read more »
Since last week we looked at Tempted by the Night, it only seemed right to take a look back at the book that started that series, His Mistress by Morning.
Every book has a different inspiration, that moment when the idea bursts to life in my imagination and I know it won’t stop clamoring at me until I write the darn thing. The idea for His Mistress by Morning came along one night after watching the movie You Wish on the Disney Channel with my son, Nicholas. The story is about Alex, a teenaged boy with a pesky little … Read more »
Let’s give a big welcome to the lovely and talented, Mia Marlowe–who was willing to spill 5 Things your might not know about her.
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? When I was in middle school, my friends called me “Granny.” I hope it because of my glasses! But I think it may have been because I’m the sort who likes to take care of people and make sure they’re okay. I love my family, but also like the idea that friends are the family you choose for yourself.
2) How do you pick the names of your … Read more »
Hi everyone! This is Dana, Elizabeth’s assistant.
We have some great news!
Elizabeth is going to do a comprehensive blog tour throughout the month of November, and there will be all sorts of contests, fun posts, and giveaways. So take a look below to find her tour schedule, and don’t forget to drop by and say hello… You never know what fun is in store for you!
… Read more »
Lisa is everything an Avon Addict needs to be: crazy wild over romance. Plus, she’s willing to get out there and really prove her love, as evidenced by her grand display at the 2013 RWA Literacy signing. She’s a bundle of wonderful energy and one of my favorite people to run into because her smile is infectious. And in a good way, not a scary, run-for-your-life Ebola sort of way.
So without any further ado, may I introduce you to Lisa Lin.
1) Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? Spain. I took part in a study … Read more »
Thought I’d go with my paranormal, haunted, ghoulish, monster/Jane Austen story, Tempted by the Night, for Halloween Eve.
So many people have asked why I decided to write historicals with paranormal elements, and I have to admit that I never set out deliberately to do it, rather the story/series idea would not go away and haunted me until I wrote them.
So after writing the first one, His Mistress by Morning, I knew I would never escape without writing Hermione’s story (well, make that Rockhurst’s). I got so many emails about him, pleading for his story, something … Read more »
Have you ever wondered what goes on to inspire a story or what goes into writing a book? Well, watch my blog in the coming months for my THROWBACK THURSDAY series of stories about how my books came to life. I’m beginning with the first book I wrote in the Danvers series: Once Tempted. While this book is listed chronologically as the 3rd Danver’s book, I actually wrote it first.
The idea for Once Tempted came out of my desire to write a “treasure hunt” book. I’ve always found the idea of hidden treasure enthralling, so as I mulled … Read more »
Let’s just get to the good stuff, shall we? I’ve posted the excerpt for Have You Any Rogues?! And apparently I do, Yes, Sir, Yes, Sir, Three Rogues will do. Tee Hee.
As a little backstory, I got the idea for Have You Any Rogues? while I was writing And The Miss Ran Away with the Rake. There is a scene, late in the book, where Crispin Dale comes to Owle Park and demands that Preston hand over his cousin, Daphne. As Crispin was there, glowering on the front steps, I realized–or at least in my imagination–I saw … Read more »