Archive for 'reading'
Welcome to the blog, Ellie Macdonald, author of The Governess Club series!
Here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about Ellie:
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? My family called me The Mad Hatter because of my quick temper as a child and it’s also a play on my real name. They still call me it every once in awhile; my mom and sister even bought me a mug with The Mad Hatter on it at Disney World last year.
2) What’s your strongest/most productive writing habit? I wear noise reducing headphones. They are kinda like blinders … Read more »
Jody hosts the popular blog, Words of Wisdom from The Scarf Princess where she shares her love of books, amongst other things (as well as keeping a great list of giveaways–so if you like contests…).
But before you dash off to visit her blog, let me introduce, Joder:
1) Favorite name for a hero or heroine. Fave name for a hero is Devyn.
2) Do you immediately start another book once you finished one? As a blogger/reviewer I’m constantly reading and even dream of reading!
3) Favorite place to read? In front of my office window in the morning with … Read more »
Since last week we looked at Tempted by the Night, it only seemed right to take a look back at the book that started that series, His Mistress by Morning.
Every book has a different inspiration, that moment when the idea bursts to life in my imagination and I know it won’t stop clamoring at me until I write the darn thing. The idea for His Mistress by Morning came along one night after watching the movie You Wish on the Disney Channel with my son, Nicholas. The story is about Alex, a teenaged boy with a pesky little … Read more »
Let’s give a big welcome to the lovely and talented, Mia Marlowe–who was willing to spill 5 Things your might not know about her.
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? When I was in middle school, my friends called me “Granny.” I hope it because of my glasses! But I think it may have been because I’m the sort who likes to take care of people and make sure they’re okay. I love my family, but also like the idea that friends are the family you choose for yourself.
2) How do you pick the names of your … Read more »
Hi everyone! This is Dana, Elizabeth’s assistant.
We have some great news!
Elizabeth is going to do a comprehensive blog tour throughout the month of November, and there will be all sorts of contests, fun posts, and giveaways. So take a look below to find her tour schedule, and don’t forget to drop by and say hello… You never know what fun is in store for you!
… Read more »
Lisa is everything an Avon Addict needs to be: crazy wild over romance. Plus, she’s willing to get out there and really prove her love, as evidenced by her grand display at the 2013 RWA Literacy signing. She’s a bundle of wonderful energy and one of my favorite people to run into because her smile is infectious. And in a good way, not a scary, run-for-your-life Ebola sort of way.
So without any further ado, may I introduce you to Lisa Lin.
1) Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? Spain. I took part in a study … Read more »
Thought I’d go with my paranormal, haunted, ghoulish, monster/Jane Austen story, Tempted by the Night, for Halloween Eve.
So many people have asked why I decided to write historicals with paranormal elements, and I have to admit that I never set out deliberately to do it, rather the story/series idea would not go away and haunted me until I wrote them.
So after writing the first one, His Mistress by Morning, I knew I would never escape without writing Hermione’s story (well, make that Rockhurst’s). I got so many emails about him, pleading for his story, something … Read more »
I am so thrilled to have my dear friend, Melissa McClone on the blog today. Melissa and I had our kids like one after another, have traded mom advice through it all, and relied on each other as sounding boards when things got (and still do get) crazy. We walk a very similar path and have so MUCH in common that sometimes it’s almost scary . . .
Like our mutual need for Peanut Buster Parfaits while on deadline . . .
1) Did you have a nickname growing up?
Yes! I was Missy for the first eighteen years of … Read more »
This week I would like you to meet Avon Addict Alum, Amy Valentini, the woman behind the popular blog, Unwrapping Romance and the editorial service, Romancing Editorially. But most of all, she LOVES romance. So please welcome, Amy Valentini.
1) Do you immediately start another book once you finished one? Yes. I have a mountain of a To Be Read list and I actually have to schedule my reading so I literally finish one book, mark it as read and move on to the next.
2) What is the very first romance novel that you read? The Flame … Read more »
‘Cause I just love meeting people online and then sharing their fun with the world, I thought wouldn’t it be a kick to feature bloggers, readers and romance addicts every Friday, so everyone can find MORE places to share their love of books. Felicia of The Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog kindly and nicely agreed to go first. So please give Felicia a warm welcome and then make sure to go visit her blog and friend her on all your favorite social media haunts.
With further ado, please meet Felicia.
- Did you have a nickname growing up? This all sprang
… Read more »