Archive for 'avon romance'
These are wonderful if you are going to/or having a party and need something that will feed a crowd. These are always what I get asked to bring:
1 pound of ground beef
2 T finely chopped onions
1/2 C fine bread crumbs
1 T parsley
1 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1/3 C milk
Mix all this together thoroughly and then form into small, bite sized meatballs. In a pan, over medium heat, melt 1 T butter and 2 T of oil, and add an 1/8 of curry, then brown the meatballs in lots so as not to … Read more »
Have you met Avon Addict Merle yet? She’s come by today to share five things about herself that we probably don’t know! Welcome, Merle…
1) What is the very first romance novel that you read? I’m actually relatively new to romance — I only started reading it a year ago! My very first romance was Courtney Milan’s Unclaimed. I adored it so much I went out and bought all of her books immediately afterward.
2) Favorite place to find new books? There’s a large used bookstore here in my city called Gardner’s, and I LOVE wandering through their large … Read more »
Katharine Ashe is the award winning author of adventurous, bestselling Regency romances from Avon! But her newest novella, in the anthology At the Billionaire’s Wedding, is a romp in contemporary romance. Here, she shares with us five things you probably didn’t know about her.
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? “Katie, Katie, the Paper Cup Lady”. One day in 1st grade I was innocently sitting cross-legged on my fuzzy blue Cookie Monster mat at snack time, when my teacher asked me to pass out the paper cups for juice. Someone called me that name, and it stuck, … Read more »
Welcome, Avon Addict Veronica Arellano. If you don’t know Veronica, the questions she answered below for us should get you started…
1) Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? Hands-down: Buzios, Brazil. It’s a tiny resort town made famous by Brigitte Bardot vacationing there in the 1960s. There’s even a saucy statue of her on the town’s main drag! The beaches are beautiful, the food is amazing, the music is lovely and I swear the sunsets are the most spectacular thing I’ve ever seen. As soon as my vacation was over, I was homesick for Buzious. I just … Read more »
Welcome, Avon Addict Aemelia. If you don’t know Aemelia, here are some things to get you started…
1) What is the very first romance novel that you read? It was TAME THE RISING TIDE by Virginia Morgan, I found it on the bookshelf of my best friend’s mom one morning after I spent the night (I was always an early riser)! I was hooked! Shortly thereafter I discovered Kathleen E Woodiwiss, Johanna Lindsey, Julie Garwood, Brenda Joyce, Judith McNaught… and the rest was history! Lol.
2) If you could choose any 3 authors to gossip with over lunch, who would … Read more »
This book, No Marriage of Convenience, was originally slated as the follow-up to Brazen Angel, and was to be the story of Emma’s illegitimate daughter, Riley. However, my Dell editor at the time passed on the idea and wanted me to write Brazen Heiress instead.
When Avon asked me if I had anything I would be interested in doing for them, I immediately proposed this story, the one I had been waiting three years to write. Of course, by changing publishing houses I had to take the Brazen connection out of the book, but I think it … Read more »
Welcome to the blog, Ellie Macdonald, author of The Governess Club series!
Here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about Ellie:
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? My family called me The Mad Hatter because of my quick temper as a child and it’s also a play on my real name. They still call me it every once in awhile; my mom and sister even bought me a mug with The Mad Hatter on it at Disney World last year.
2) What’s your strongest/most productive writing habit? I wear noise reducing headphones. They are kinda like blinders … Read more »
Jody hosts the popular blog, Words of Wisdom from The Scarf Princess where she shares her love of books, amongst other things (as well as keeping a great list of giveaways–so if you like contests…).
But before you dash off to visit her blog, let me introduce, Joder:
1) Favorite name for a hero or heroine. Fave name for a hero is Devyn.
2) Do you immediately start another book once you finished one? As a blogger/reviewer I’m constantly reading and even dream of reading!
3) Favorite place to read? In front of my office window in the morning with … Read more »
Since last week we looked at Tempted by the Night, it only seemed right to take a look back at the book that started that series, His Mistress by Morning.
Every book has a different inspiration, that moment when the idea bursts to life in my imagination and I know it won’t stop clamoring at me until I write the darn thing. The idea for His Mistress by Morning came along one night after watching the movie You Wish on the Disney Channel with my son, Nicholas. The story is about Alex, a teenaged boy with a pesky little … Read more »
Hi everyone! This is Dana, Elizabeth’s assistant.
We have some great news!
Elizabeth is going to do a comprehensive blog tour throughout the month of November, and there will be all sorts of contests, fun posts, and giveaways. So take a look below to find her tour schedule, and don’t forget to drop by and say hello… You never know what fun is in store for you!
… Read more »