Archive for the 'Writing' Category
Tuesday, November 18th, 2014
Cynthia Sax writes contemporary erotic romance for Avon Impulse, and came to the blog to share a few things about herself and her writing. Here are 5 things you might not know about Cynthia…
1) Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? My favorite tropical paradise is Bali (the combination of beaches, art and the spiritual is wonderful). My favorite city is Istanbul (a combination of so many different cultures). The city I’d most like to live in is Chicago (the setting of Sinful Rewards).
2) How do you pick the names of your Heroes/Heroines? In Sinful Rewards… Read more »
Posted in Around the Web ♦ Good News ♦ TV, Movies, & Good Reads ♦ Uncategorized ♦ Writing
Tagged: 5 things ♦ Bad Boy ♦ Biker Romance ♦ Billionaire Hero ♦ characters ♦ Cynthia Sax ♦ Erotic Romance ♦ Erotica ♦ five things ♦ Hero ♦ Hero With a Dark Past ♦ heroines ♦ novella ♦ reading ♦ Romance novels ♦ Sexy Times ♦ Sinful Rewards ♦ Tattooed Bad Boy ♦ writing ♦ writing fiction
Saturday, November 15th, 2014
If you are like me, your writing time is both precious and never long enough. So here are some of my methods to make sure you are getting the most pages out of your limited time.
1) Stop reading email, Tweets, Facebook, Instagram, et al. Okay, maybe that’s a little drastic, but how about printing out this little rule and stick it on your computer screen: Writing first, all the rest second. To make is easier, turn off all your alerts and anything that might nudge you to go take a peek. Stay on target.
2) Do as much pre-writing … Read more »
Posted in Writing
Tagged: Elizabeth Boyle ♦ NaNoWriMo ♦ Romance novels ♦ writing ♦ writing fiction ♦ Writing Habits ♦ writing novels
Thursday, November 13th, 2014
This book, No Marriage of Convenience, was originally slated as the follow-up to Brazen Angel, and was to be the story of Emma’s illegitimate daughter, Riley. However, my Dell editor at the time passed on the idea and wanted me to write Brazen Heiress instead.
When Avon asked me if I had anything I would be interested in doing for them, I immediately proposed this story, the one I had been waiting three years to write. Of course, by changing publishing houses I had to take the Brazen connection out of the book, but I think it … Read more »
Comments Off on TBT: No Marriage of Convenience
Posted in Elizabeth's Books ♦ Elizabeth's Favorites ♦ Uncategorized ♦ Writing
Tagged: Authors ♦ avon ♦ avon romance ♦ characters ♦ creating characters ♦ Elizabeth Boyle ♦ friends ♦ heroines ♦ historical romance ♦ No Marriage of Convenience ♦ reading ♦ Regency ♦ Regency Romance ♦ Romance novels ♦ Story Ideas ♦ TBT ♦ writing ♦ writing fiction
Tuesday, November 11th, 2014
Welcome to the blog, Ellie Macdonald, author of The Governess Club series!
Here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about Ellie:
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? My family called me The Mad Hatter because of my quick temper as a child and it’s also a play on my real name. They still call me it every once in awhile; my mom and sister even bought me a mug with The Mad Hatter on it at Disney World last year.
2) What’s your strongest/most productive writing habit? I wear noise reducing headphones. They are kinda like blinders … Read more »
Comments Off on 5 Things with Ellie McDonald
Posted in Adventures & Travel ♦ Around the Web ♦ Friends ♦ TV, Movies, & Good Reads ♦ Uncategorized ♦ Writing
Tagged: Authors ♦ avon ♦ Avon Impulse ♦ avon romance ♦ Elizabeth Boyle ♦ Ellie McDonald ♦ Governess Romance ♦ heroines ♦ historical romance ♦ reading ♦ Regency ♦ Regency Romance ♦ Romance novels ♦ Story Ideas ♦ The Governess Club ♦ The Governess Club Louisa ♦ writing ♦ writing fiction ♦ Writing Habits
Thursday, November 6th, 2014
Since last week we looked at Tempted by the Night, it only seemed right to take a look back at the book that started that series, His Mistress by Morning.
Every book has a different inspiration, that moment when the idea bursts to life in my imagination and I know it won’t stop clamoring at me until I write the darn thing. The idea for His Mistress by Morning came along one night after watching the movie You Wish on the Disney Channel with my son, Nicholas. The story is about Alex, a teenaged boy with a pesky little … Read more »
Posted in Elizabeth's Books ♦ Elizabeth's Favorites ♦ The Marlowes ♦ TV, Movies, & Good Reads ♦ Writing
Tagged: Authors ♦ avon ♦ avon romance ♦ characters ♦ creating characters ♦ Elizabeth Boyle ♦ heroines ♦ His Mistress by Morning ♦ historical romance ♦ Marlowes ♦ Marlowes Series ♦ reading ♦ Regency ♦ Regency Romance ♦ Romance novels ♦ Story Ideas ♦ TBT ♦ writing ♦ writing fiction
Tuesday, November 4th, 2014
Let’s give a big welcome to the lovely and talented, Mia Marlowe–who was willing to spill 5 Things your might not know about her.
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? When I was in middle school, my friends called me “Granny.” I hope it because of my glasses! But I think it may have been because I’m the sort who likes to take care of people and make sure they’re okay. I love my family, but also like the idea that friends are the family you choose for yourself.
2) How do you pick the names of your … Read more »
Posted in Adventures & Travel ♦ Around the Web ♦ Friends ♦ Uncategorized ♦ What's New ♦ Writing
Tagged: 5 things ♦ Authors ♦ creating characters ♦ Elizabeth Boyle ♦ five things ♦ heroines ♦ historical romance ♦ Lairds ♦ Lords and Ladies ♦ Love ♦ Mia Marlowe ♦ Rakes ♦ reading ♦ Regency ♦ Regency Romance ♦ Romance novels ♦ Scotland ♦ Scottish Romance ♦ writing ♦ writing fiction
Thursday, October 30th, 2014
Thought I’d go with my paranormal, haunted, ghoulish, monster/Jane Austen story, Tempted by the Night, for Halloween Eve.
So many people have asked why I decided to write historicals with paranormal elements, and I have to admit that I never set out deliberately to do it, rather the story/series idea would not go away and haunted me until I wrote them.
So after writing the first one, His Mistress by Morning
, I knew I would never escape without writing Hermione’s story (well, make that Rockhurst’s). I got so many emails about him, pleading for his story, som… Read more »
Comments Off on TBT: Tempted by the Night
Posted in Adventures & Travel ♦ Elizabeth's Books ♦ The Marlowes ♦ TV, Movies, & Good Reads ♦ Writing
Tagged: avon ♦ avon romance ♦ characters ♦ creating characters ♦ Elizabeth Boyle ♦ Ghost Love Story ♦ Ghost Story ♦ Halloween Reads ♦ Halloween Romance ♦ heroines ♦ historical romance ♦ Marlowes Series ♦ Mistress By Morning ♦ reading ♦ Regency ♦ Regency Romance ♦ Romance novels ♦ Spooky Romance Novels ♦ Tempted By The Night ♦ writing ♦ writing fiction
Tuesday, October 28th, 2014
I am so thrilled to have my dear friend, Melissa McClone on the blog today. Melissa and I had our kids like one after another, have traded mom advice through it all, and relied on each other as sounding boards when things got (and still do get) crazy. We walk a very similar path and have so MUCH in common that sometimes it’s almost scary . . .
Like our mutual need for Peanut Buster Parfaits while on deadline . . .
1) Did you have a nickname growing up?
Yes! I was Missy for the first eighteen years of … Read more »
Posted in Elizabeth's Favorites ♦ Friends ♦ Holidays ♦ TV, Movies, & Good Reads ♦ Writing
Tagged: 5 things ♦ Authors ♦ avon romance ♦ characters ♦ Elizabeth Boyle ♦ five things ♦ friends ♦ Melissa McClone ♦ reading ♦ writing
Monday, October 27th, 2014
One of my favorite parts of The Viscount Who Lived Down the Lane is Hannibal
, Louisa Tempest’s miscreant cat. A beast of a feline who is known far and wide for his bad manners, Louisa is always, well, you’ll see:
“I do believe I can remedy this,” Louisa told the viscount, catching up the pot and marching determinedly toward the house when a protest arose from underneath the lilac bush.
All three of them turned and she reversed course, climbing down through the weeds until she spied Hannibal tucked beneath. Moving quickly, she scooped him up.
… Read more »
Comments Off on Sneak Peek: Meet Hannibal
Posted in Elizabeth's Books ♦ Good News ♦ Rhymes with Love ♦ TV, Movies, & Good Reads ♦ What's New ♦ Writing
Tagged: Elizabeth Boyle ♦ historical romance ♦ Regency Romance ♦ Rhymes with Love ♦ Romance novels ♦ The Viscount Who Lived Down the Lane
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Okay, she had me at “Brit.” As in the title of her new book, Beauty and the Brit. Look at that cover! What’s not to love? Let me introduce you to one of my fellow Avon Authors, Lizbeth Selvig.
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? My family (started by a beloved auntie) called me LittleBit, which sounds hilarious to my mind now at my age and weight. Also, I met my husband at the “tender age” of fifteen, and from that day to this he calls me Lizard.
2) How do you pick the names of your … Read more »
Posted in Around the Web ♦ Friends ♦ Good News ♦ TV, Movies, & Good Reads ♦ Writing
Tagged: Contemporary romance ♦ Lizbeth Selvig ♦ Romance novels