Archive for the 'TV, Movies, & Good Reads' Category
Welcome to the blog, Ellie Macdonald, author of The Governess Club series!
Here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about Ellie:
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? My family called me The Mad Hatter because of my quick temper as a child and it’s also a play on my real name. They still call me it every once in awhile; my mom and sister even bought me a mug with The Mad Hatter on it at Disney World last year.
2) What’s your strongest/most productive writing habit? I wear noise reducing headphones. They are kinda like blinders … Read more »
Jody hosts the popular blog, Words of Wisdom from The Scarf Princess where she shares her love of books, amongst other things (as well as keeping a great list of giveaways–so if you like contests…).
But before you dash off to visit her blog, let me introduce, Joder:
1) Favorite name for a hero or heroine. Fave name for a hero is Devyn.
2) Do you immediately start another book once you finished one? As a blogger/reviewer I’m constantly reading and even dream of reading!
3) Favorite place to read? In front of my office window in the morning with … Read more »
Since last week we looked at Tempted by the Night, it only seemed right to take a look back at the book that started that series, His Mistress by Morning.
Every book has a different inspiration, that moment when the idea bursts to life in my imagination and I know it won’t stop clamoring at me until I write the darn thing. The idea for His Mistress by Morning came along one night after watching the movie You Wish on the Disney Channel with my son, Nicholas. The story is about Alex, a teenaged boy with a pesky little … Read more »
Hi everyone! This is Dana, Elizabeth’s assistant.
We have some great news!
Elizabeth is going to do a comprehensive blog tour throughout the month of November, and there will be all sorts of contests, fun posts, and giveaways. So take a look below to find her tour schedule, and don’t forget to drop by and say hello… You never know what fun is in store for you!
… Read more »
Lisa is everything an Avon Addict needs to be: crazy wild over romance. Plus, she’s willing to get out there and really prove her love, as evidenced by her grand display at the 2013 RWA Literacy signing. She’s a bundle of wonderful energy and one of my favorite people to run into because her smile is infectious. And in a good way, not a scary, run-for-your-life Ebola sort of way.
So without any further ado, may I introduce you to Lisa Lin.
1) Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? Spain. I took part in a study … Read more »
Thought I’d go with my paranormal, haunted, ghoulish, monster/Jane Austen story, Tempted by the Night, for Halloween Eve.
So many people have asked why I decided to write historicals with paranormal elements, and I have to admit that I never set out deliberately to do it, rather the story/series idea would not go away and haunted me until I wrote them.
So after writing the first one, His Mistress by Morning, I knew I would never escape without writing Hermione’s story (well, make that Rockhurst’s). I got so many emails about him, pleading for his story, something … Read more »
I am so thrilled to have my dear friend, Melissa McClone on the blog today. Melissa and I had our kids like one after another, have traded mom advice through it all, and relied on each other as sounding boards when things got (and still do get) crazy. We walk a very similar path and have so MUCH in common that sometimes it’s almost scary . . .
Like our mutual need for Peanut Buster Parfaits while on deadline . . .
1) Did you have a nickname growing up?
Yes! I was Missy for the first eighteen years of … Read more »
One of my favorite parts of The Viscount Who Lived Down the Lane is Hannibal, Louisa Tempest’s miscreant cat. A beast of a feline who is known far and wide for his bad manners, Louisa is always, well, you’ll see:
“I do believe I can remedy this,” Louisa told the viscount, catching up the pot and marching determinedly toward the house when a protest arose from underneath the lilac bush.
All three of them turned and she reversed course, climbing down through the weeds until she spied Hannibal tucked beneath. Moving quickly, she scooped him up.
“Bad kitty,” she
… Read more »
This week I would like you to meet Avon Addict Alum, Amy Valentini, the woman behind the popular blog, Unwrapping Romance and the editorial service, Romancing Editorially. But most of all, she LOVES romance. So please welcome, Amy Valentini.
1) Do you immediately start another book once you finished one? Yes. I have a mountain of a To Be Read list and I actually have to schedule my reading so I literally finish one book, mark it as read and move on to the next.
2) What is the very first romance novel that you read? The Flame … Read more »
Continuing my look back at the Danvers series, I cannot help but pause, make that linger over one of my all-time-favorite heroes, Temple.
I can’t even tell you how much I have crushed on this man. My one and only Book Boyfriend. And here is how Temple came to life:
Sometimes when you are writing a book, a single character sneaks up on you and boldly demands that their story be told next. When I was writing One Night of Passion, I hadn’t really given much thought to the character of Temple, Colin’s rakish cousin. But from the moment … Read more »