Archive for the 'Good News' Category
Today we’re welcoming my dear friend, and fabulous author, Leanne Shirtliffe to the blog! Her author bio tells you everything you need to know about her hilarious new book Mommyfesto. “Leanne is a humor writer whose motto is “If you can’t laugh at yourself, laugh at your kids.”” She’s a blast, and I’m thrilled to have her with us for a Five Things post today…
1) What’s your strongest/most productive writing habit? My most productive writing habit is that I’m deadline driven. When I set (or am given) a deadline, I meet it. Of course, being deadline driven is … Read more »
Katharine Ashe is the award winning author of adventurous, bestselling Regency romances from Avon! But her newest novella, in the anthology At the Billionaire’s Wedding, is a romp in contemporary romance. Here, she shares with us five things you probably didn’t know about her.
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? “Katie, Katie, the Paper Cup Lady”. One day in 1st grade I was innocently sitting cross-legged on my fuzzy blue Cookie Monster mat at snack time, when my teacher asked me to pass out the paper cups for juice. Someone called me that name, and it stuck, … Read more »
Cynthia Sax writes contemporary erotic romance for Avon Impulse, and came to the blog to share a few things about herself and her writing. Here are 5 things you might not know about Cynthia…
1) Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? My favorite tropical paradise is Bali (the combination of beaches, art and the spiritual is wonderful). My favorite city is Istanbul (a combination of so many different cultures). The city I’d most like to live in is Chicago (the setting of Sinful Rewards).
2) How do you pick the names of your Heroes/Heroines? In Sinful Rewards… Read more »
And the winner is: Diane Rains, who posted her #FallBackinTime entry on Facebook:
Diane, please DM me on Facebook or use my Contact page to get a hold of me so I can mail your new iPad mini to you. Congratulations and thank you for entering.
And thanks to everyone who posted their pics and shared their love of historical romances–the pics and notes were so much fun to see and share!… Read more »
Hi everyone! This is Dana, Elizabeth’s assistant.
We have some great news!
Elizabeth is going to do a comprehensive blog tour throughout the month of November, and there will be all sorts of contests, fun posts, and giveaways. So take a look below to find her tour schedule, and don’t forget to drop by and say hello… You never know what fun is in store for you!
… Read more »
One of my favorite parts of The Viscount Who Lived Down the Lane is Hannibal, Louisa Tempest’s miscreant cat. A beast of a feline who is known far and wide for his bad manners, Louisa is always, well, you’ll see:
“I do believe I can remedy this,” Louisa told the viscount, catching up the pot and marching determinedly toward the house when a protest arose from underneath the lilac bush.
All three of them turned and she reversed course, climbing down through the weeds until she spied Hannibal tucked beneath. Moving quickly, she scooped him up.
“Bad kitty,” she
… Read more »
Okay, she had me at “Brit.” As in the title of her new book, Beauty and the Brit. Look at that cover! What’s not to love? Let me introduce you to one of my fellow Avon Authors, Lizbeth Selvig.
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? My family (started by a beloved auntie) called me LittleBit, which sounds hilarious to my mind now at my age and weight. Also, I met my husband at the “tender age” of fifteen, and from that day to this he calls me Lizard.
2) How do you pick the names of your … Read more »
I’ve had two Contests running here recently and just pulled winners.
For the Elizabeth Hoyt drawing, the winner is: Kimberly Woodall.
For the New Website Drawing I held, the winner is: Jennifer F. of Columbus, OH!
Both winners have been notified. Thanks to everyone who entered. And watch for a Caption contest on my Facebook page next week, as well as the post calling for the November Birthday drawing. … Read more »
Meet Kim, who runs the blog, SOS ALOHA Book Blog. I’ve known Kim for years–when she was actually fortunate enough to live in Hawaii. Kim describes herself as a “romance reader and a community volunteer.” Make that a one woman steamroller when it comes to getting things done, whether it is gathering books for military wives or other military causes or just seeing a need and rolling up her sleeves. Here is Kim:
1. Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? Tintagel Castle in Cornwall, England, rumored to be King Arthur’s birthplace.
2. Favorite place to read?… Read more »
I’ve known for Elizabeth Hoyt for some time–occasionally we get seated beside each other at signings. (When they do the authors by first names not last names). She is smart, funny and good company. And best of all, her books are to die for good. Am I right? Of course I am.
When I asked her to drop by, she insisted on doing a giveaway, so make sure to answer the question below to be entered. And you want to make sure you are entered because Elizabeth is kindly giving away a copy of her newly released book, DARLING BEAST… Read more »