Archive for the 'Friends' Category
Welcome to the blog, Ellie Macdonald, author of The Governess Club series!
Here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about Ellie:
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? My family called me The Mad Hatter because of my quick temper as a child and it’s also a play on my real name. They still call me it every once in awhile; my mom and sister even bought me a mug with The Mad Hatter on it at Disney World last year.
2) What’s your strongest/most productive writing habit? I wear noise reducing headphones. They are kinda like blinders … Read more »
Jody hosts the popular blog, Words of Wisdom from The Scarf Princess where she shares her love of books, amongst other things (as well as keeping a great list of giveaways–so if you like contests…).
But before you dash off to visit her blog, let me introduce, Joder:
1) Favorite name for a hero or heroine. Fave name for a hero is Devyn.
2) Do you immediately start another book once you finished one? As a blogger/reviewer I’m constantly reading and even dream of reading!
3) Favorite place to read? In front of my office window in the morning with … Read more »
Let’s give a big welcome to the lovely and talented, Mia Marlowe–who was willing to spill 5 Things your might not know about her.
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? When I was in middle school, my friends called me “Granny.” I hope it because of my glasses! But I think it may have been because I’m the sort who likes to take care of people and make sure they’re okay. I love my family, but also like the idea that friends are the family you choose for yourself.
2) How do you pick the names of your … Read more »
Hi everyone! This is Dana, Elizabeth’s assistant.
We have some great news!
Elizabeth is going to do a comprehensive blog tour throughout the month of November, and there will be all sorts of contests, fun posts, and giveaways. So take a look below to find her tour schedule, and don’t forget to drop by and say hello… You never know what fun is in store for you!
… Read more »
Lisa is everything an Avon Addict needs to be: crazy wild over romance. Plus, she’s willing to get out there and really prove her love, as evidenced by her grand display at the 2013 RWA Literacy signing. She’s a bundle of wonderful energy and one of my favorite people to run into because her smile is infectious. And in a good way, not a scary, run-for-your-life Ebola sort of way.
So without any further ado, may I introduce you to Lisa Lin.
1) Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? Spain. I took part in a study … Read more »
I am so thrilled to have my dear friend, Melissa McClone on the blog today. Melissa and I had our kids like one after another, have traded mom advice through it all, and relied on each other as sounding boards when things got (and still do get) crazy. We walk a very similar path and have so MUCH in common that sometimes it’s almost scary . . .
Like our mutual need for Peanut Buster Parfaits while on deadline . . .
1) Did you have a nickname growing up?
Yes! I was Missy for the first eighteen years of … Read more »
This week I would like you to meet Avon Addict Alum, Amy Valentini, the woman behind the popular blog, Unwrapping Romance and the editorial service, Romancing Editorially. But most of all, she LOVES romance. So please welcome, Amy Valentini.
1) Do you immediately start another book once you finished one? Yes. I have a mountain of a To Be Read list and I actually have to schedule my reading so I literally finish one book, mark it as read and move on to the next.
2) What is the very first romance novel that you read? The Flame … Read more »
Okay, she had me at “Brit.” As in the title of her new book, Beauty and the Brit. Look at that cover! What’s not to love? Let me introduce you to one of my fellow Avon Authors, Lizbeth Selvig.
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? My family (started by a beloved auntie) called me LittleBit, which sounds hilarious to my mind now at my age and weight. Also, I met my husband at the “tender age” of fifteen, and from that day to this he calls me Lizard.
2) How do you pick the names of your … Read more »
Meet Kim, who runs the blog, SOS ALOHA Book Blog. I’ve known Kim for years–when she was actually fortunate enough to live in Hawaii. Kim describes herself as a “romance reader and a community volunteer.” Make that a one woman steamroller when it comes to getting things done, whether it is gathering books for military wives or other military causes or just seeing a need and rolling up her sleeves. Here is Kim:
1. Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? Tintagel Castle in Cornwall, England, rumored to be King Arthur’s birthplace.
2. Favorite place to read?… Read more »
I’ve known for Elizabeth Hoyt for some time–occasionally we get seated beside each other at signings. (When they do the authors by first names not last names). She is smart, funny and good company. And best of all, her books are to die for good. Am I right? Of course I am.
When I asked her to drop by, she insisted on doing a giveaway, so make sure to answer the question below to be entered. And you want to make sure you are entered because Elizabeth is kindly giving away a copy of her newly released book, DARLING BEAST… Read more »