USA Today Bestselling Regency Romance author Julie Johnstone is here today
, with a “Five Questions” post! Her next book, My Seductive Innocent, goes on pre-order this Thursday. Welcome to the blog, Julie…
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? Gosh yes! They called me string bean, and I hated it! I was 5’9” by the time I was in fifth grade and so self-conscious! I was an expert at slouching to appear shorter! I’ll tell you a little secret. In my novel, My Fair Duchess, many of my heroine’s insecurities came from my childhood!
2) Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? Ah, this one so easy! My husband and I took a trip to Rome and Tuscany the year before my first child was born. His uncle lives near Tuscany, so we had a lot of local contacts and really experience the life! It was amazing and unforgettable!
3) Do you celebrate when you finish a book and what you do? I always celebrate when I finish a book! I usually have a glass of champagne that night, and I try to spend a few days pampering myself because when I am in the middle of writing a book I really ignore doing anything nice for me!
4) What’s your strongest/most productive writing habit? I learned a long time ago that if I write daily I am more productive. So, unless I am on vacation, or have just finished a book and give myself a few days, I go down to my office every day and write for no less than two hours.
5) What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done? I’d have to say that was quitting my “real” job to try to be a writer. It was a total leap of faith, but worth every heartache and triumph. I feel incredibly lucky to be able to earn a living doing what I love. I know so many people who do jobs they are indifferent about at best, but writing is my passion and every heartache and triumph of this crazy, wonderful job has been completely worth it.
You can find Julie on her website, Twitter, Facebook, or Goodreads!