Today we have bestselling Regency romance author Samantha Grace visiting. Her newest novel, One Rogue Too Many, first in a new series, just came out on January 7th. Welcome to the blog, Samantha!
1) Since romance authors always write about falling in love, when and how did you discover you were in love? I knew I was falling in love with my husband (boyfriend at the time) when he helped me find homes for a litter of kittens the stray I took in had. He made me laugh the whole time by joking and writing goofy signs to get everyone’s attention. Where we lived, the shelter didn’t take cats, so we sat outside a store in 90-degree weather to find them homes. The kitties had shade and water, but we didn’t. It wasn’t pretty! LOL. My husband was so sweet with the kitties. I think a man who loves cats is pretty awesome.
2) Did you have a nickname growing up? My friend’s obnoxious younger brother gave me the nickname Moose Wobbler when I broke my foot and was on crutches. All my friends jumped on board and started calling me Moose. I hated it! Looking back, it’s funny now. I was a 5’ 2”, 110-pound teen girl called Moose. I guess he was being ironic.
3) Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? Without a doubt, it’s Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. I’ve always loved the outdoors and hiking, and there is a short hike to get to the falls. A beautiful mist rose from the base of the waterfall, and there were three rainbows. Locally it’s known as Mosi Oa Tunya, which means, “the smoke that thunders”. At the time, someone in the group said it meant “where angels live”. Either description fits.
4) What are your top three favorite movies? The Shawshank Redemption, Silver Linings Playbook, and Where the Heart Is.
5) What is the most embarrassing song/app on your iPod? I was a latecomer to Candy Crush. I’ve stopped playing it since level 107 became the bane of my existence. Unfortunately, I moved on to Pet Rescue and Farm Heroes. I never post anything to FB or ask friends for help, because I don’t like being manipulated by corporations. I refuse to pay anything or harass friends to play a silly game. All are great mindless activities when I need a mental break, though.
To connect with Samantha…
Samantha Grace Author | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest