USA Today bestselling author Christi Caldwell is here today to tell us five things about herself we probably don’t know. Christi published her first Regency romance just a few years ago, and they have quickly gained in popularity. Her most recent release is For Love of the Duke, and just look at this cover!
1) Do you celebrate when you finish a book and what you do? I sleep! As a mom to a really, really energetic six-year old and twin 10-month-old babies, my days are spent between mommying and writing. I reward myself by curling up for a good nap while my hubby steps in to man the house!
2) Where is the strangest place a story idea came to you from? The birth of my latest book, “For Love of the Duke”, may not be the strangest but kinda funny in how it came to be. I live in an old raised ranch in Southern Connecticut; a house that’s freezing in the winter and sweltering in the summer. During one particularly awful heat wave, I was climbing into bed around midnight after a day of writing. I was so incredibly hot…I’d recently come across research on the Frost Fair. I just closed my eyes and then bam…my heroine crashed through the Frozen Thames. I climbed out of bed and barely stopped to breathe for the next 3 weeks while I told the story.
3) If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, what would they be and why? Well, having been the unfortunate victim of appliances ganging up and plotting their demise all at once…I can say for certain:
- A dishwasher. Mine recently went giving me a whole new appreciation for the dishwasher. I don’t think I ever want to wash another baby bottle by hand. Make it double with twins and oi vei!
- My washing machine. Really, what did people before washing machines? No, really, what did they do? Mine broke and my house looked like a Shell Silverstein poem with all the clothes lying about.
- My dryer. Because let’s face it, when you try and air dry…ALL your clothes, it’s really not the same. At all.
4) If you were not writing, what job would you have? My other second full-time job would be my career of choice—Stay-at-home Mommy! My journey to motherhood was not an easy one and it gave me an amazing appreciation for the miracle of children…there’s no more beautiful job…but also, no more difficult one, either!
5) If you could choose any 3 people in history to meet, who would they be? Oh, as a former history teacher, this is a fun one! Let’s see, first Marie Antoinette. I’m so fascinated by her tragic, unexpected ascension to the throne…a title, by ranking of her birth she never should have wedded into. One of those twists of fate. Bad Boy Alexander Hamilton. I love the romanticism of the story surrounding his illegitimacy and his heroic role in the American Revolution. And I’m a sucker for golden-blonde hair! And last, I’d love a sit down with Henry VIII just so I could have the pleasure of telling him how the whole who-decides-a-babies-gender thing to him! Though
, I’m sure ‘blaming’ a king for his lack of sons wouldn’t have earned me any favors!
You can find Christi on her website, Facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads. Thanks for stopping by today!
What a great interview. I love Christi Caldwell and her novels and am so pleased to learn more about her today!!
Thank you so much, Connie! That’s incredibly sweet!
I like learning things but I would have skipped dishwasher for furnace or air conditioner…lol…Merry Christmas (We lived in old farm house and wash clothes froze in tub, and 100’s in the summer)
Great interview! Christi Caldwell has become one of my favorite authors!
Fun interview! Many of these you talked about on FB, ahummm the appliances. LOL