So yes, Stephanie has dropped by here before, but some people bear repeating. ‘Sides, she’s awful nice. Plus, her 2011 book, Devil in Disguise has garnered a double nominations in the RWA RITA awards for Best First Book and Best Regency Historical Romance. I have to smile at this, because I got that double nod myself with my first book. It’s like we are twins who were separated at birth. LOL.
Plus, she sent me a picture of Thor to insert in the blog. Just saying . . .
1. Did you have a nickname growing up?
Mad Dog Stefano. Seriously. There was a boxer in the early 70s nicknamed Mad Dog. And then there was me. It was nearly impossible to tell us apart. Except that one was a big, beefy boxer and the other a small, mouthy toddler. Other than that? Total twins, right down to the hair-trigger temper and the nasty right hook.
2. If you could go on a date with any superhero, who would you choose and why? Oh, definitely Thor. He’s not just a superhero, he’s a god. And, well, he looks like this:
3. If you were not writing, what job would you have? Professional dancer featured on Dancing with the Stars. Not that I actually know how to ballroom dance. But I would love to learn! Only problem: cannot abide fake tans. But I’m sure we could figure something out.
4. Most embarrassing song on your iPod. I’m a firm believer in the idea that no music is embarrassing. I love everything from pop to alternative, country to classical, and all points in between. But if I lost my iPod and a stranger came across it, here are the songs that would have them laughing in five minutes flat:
- ABBA, Dancing Queen
- Beastie Boys, Sure Shot
- Destiny’s Child, Bootylicious
- Presidents of the United States, Love Everybody
5. If you were going to an island for a long time, name 5 things you would bring.
- Sunscreen! (A certain someone would have never let me hear the end of it if this item were forgotten.)
- A lifetime supply of guacamole. And chips This really only counts as one item since guacamole without chips is a sad, sad situation.
- My iPod, loaded with every song ever recorded. By every artist. In every genre. Whew, I think that covers it.
- My Kindle, loaded with every book ever written. By every author. In every genre. Huh. I feel like I’ve heard this somewhere before.
- My family. They’re crazy, but I love them. Wait, how long am I stuck on this island? Hmmmm…
Besides being a double RITA nominee, which is huge bragging rights, Stefanie Sloane also has a new book out, The Saint Who Stole My Heart which is garnering all kinds of buzz. Read all about it on her website.