Why is it that lately I can’t get any of my friends to stick to Five Things. It’s called “Five Things” for a reason. But much to my chagrin, they all are a bunch of overachievers–sending in 6, 9, or even 11 things. And considering I only send them 10 questions to answer, it gets a little confusing sometimes.
I think this week’s Five Things Author fits into the overachiever category. Or she can’t count. Either way, I love her to death and am always thrilled when she has a book out. Which she does. Which I will tell you about once you’ve gotten through Five Six Things about Laura Lee Guhrke.
1. Do you celebrate when you finish a book and what you do? I play, “I’m Free,” by The Who very loud at least ten times, drink champagne and eat lobster tail with tons of butter.
2. What new authors have you recently added to your TBR pile? Sherry Thomas is my new favorite. I’ve also added Caroline Linden and Candis Terry.
EB: I have devoured Caroline Linden‘s books. She’s one of my new favorites as well!
3. If you were not writing, what job would you have? Lottery winner. What do you mean, that’s not a job?
4. Most embarrassing song on your iPod? I can’t decide! Would it be the Monkees, “A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You,” or “Jenny, Jenny (867-5309)”? Or maybe it’s Jackson 5’s “ABC.” Hmm. I’ll have to think that one over.
5. If you were going to an island for a long time, name 5 things you would bring. Water, a mirror, matches, power bars, and Hugh Jackman. On second thought, I’d just bring Hugh. Forget the rest.
6. Print or ebook? E-Book. I love my Kindle. I don’t leave home without it. I fall asleep with it, pet it, feed it, and call it George.
Laura Lee Guhrke’s brand new book (just out last week!) Trouble at the Wedding is the next installment in her Abandoned at the Altar series. You can read an excerpt at her website, www.lauraleeguhrke.com, or just order the darn thing for your George, er, rather your Kindle (which currently is running the ebook for $4.99!).
I just finished reading Trouble at the Wedding last night. I couldn’t put it down. I love all of your books.
I just downloaded it to my Kindle and can’t wait to dig in. Waiting for the family to go back to school and work so I can read it uninterrupted!
Hugh Jackman is my hunk of choice too! He is so sexy!
Isn’t he? I sort of think I would steal onto the island and boot LLG off.
I have read Laura Lee Guhrke’s other books and enjoyed them. I will have to pick up Trouble at the Wedding.