It seems truly appropriate that my Brothel blog is followed by Delilah Marvelle. She loves writing about sex and madames and the madcap adventures of Regency rakes. Much more romantic than my Skagway adventures, and great reading to boot.
Delilah is a funny, earnest, wonderful person who loves writing–truly loves telling stories and that is why I admire her. She worked so hard to get published and hasn’t let up even after she’s published. So if you haven’t tried one of her books, I would suggest you do, especially if you like your heroines adventurous and your heroes seriously wicked.
1) The last book you read: The Sinner’s Grand Tour by Tony Perrottet. This was a fabulous book about all the underbelly history of Europe. A must read for anyone who likes the grittier side of history that wasn’t covered in our history classes.
2) If you could go on a date with one of your heroes, which one and why? I would love to go on a date with Roderick (Forever and a Day) and not just because he’s my latest hero, lol. He’s incredibly intelligent (earned several Oxford degrees) and I just love, love, love a man who can challenge my views in a respectful way (reminds me so much of my husband…so I guess you can say I not only dated him but I married him, lol).
3) Most played song on your iPod: Cough Syrup by Young the Giant
4) Coolest celeb you’ve ever met: Sean Penn. And I should probably say that my son actually “met” him while I just gawked, lol. My son was up for a casting call in a movie he was making “Into the Wild.”
5) Best advice your mother/grandmother/cool funky aunt/sister/college roommate gave you about men: My grandmother said to me, “All men want is poom-poom. But remember, Delilah, we are more than poom-poom. We are goddesses they cannot touch even when we allow them to kneel before us.” Poom-poom is her dainty way of saying “sex.” Seriously.
Truly, you never know what you will learn from my friends! Poom-poom, indeed! And if you would like to learn more about Delilah, check out her website at www.DelilahMarvelle.com. Her upcoming book, Forever and a Day will be out December 20, 2011. Which is enough time to read her backlist, and be ready for the new book. Just saying.
I have recently picked up the third book in the scandal series. They are on my tbr shelves waiting their turn. Wanna know what made me pick the first one up? The cover! Amazing covers. But then reading the covers is what made me buy and buy and buy! They do look like a fun series. Congratulations!
I JUST DIED! Poom-poom is going to be the word of the week for me. Oh Delilah, you are absolutely hysterical.
It was so awesome meeting you at RomCon. I keep gushing that I’ve met Delilah Marvelle and she’s so cute and tiny and hilarious and I just want to put her in my pocket. (I swear I’m not crazy. Just a fangirl.)
Can’t wait for FOREVER AND A DAY.
I have one of your books it was a recommendation from another author. I’m behind on my books and forget who I need to pick up someone really need to make an app for new releases that send out a text or notification when books come out. Great Picture of you too
I first wanted to thank the amazing Elizabeth for having me on her blog! I adore you girl!! XOXOXO
My dearest Lisa,
Thank you so much for picking up The Perfect Scandal! I totally agree with you, the covers ARE amazing. HQN did an amazing job I hope you enjoy the book! The third one is actually near and dear to my heart for reasons which are conveyed in the Dear Reader letter.
My dearest Kati,
Haha, I love making people DIE, lol. You are so awesome! Thanks for making this girl feel like a rock star It was GREAT meeting you at RomCon too! Here’s hoping you’ll be at RomCon NEXT year!!! I know I’ll be there!
My dearest Rhonda,
How cool that other authors are pimping me out. Give that author lotsa smooches from me! And omgosh, my TBR pile is over 150 books and I can never seem to catch up, no matter how many books I read…so I totally hear ya on that! And thanks about the pic, too. It was lots of fun getting all dolled up. The photographer knew how to make me look good
You know I’ll be there with riding crop in hand.
You certainly know how to use it, lol. I look forward to seeing you and that crop again!
Love Delilah’s books! The Scandal series will forever remain high on my list. And the new one will release on my birthday….GREAT present! (Although I wish I could get it sooner, lol).
My dearest June,
Whoo-hoo! Now I feel ultra loved So thrilled you enjoy my books and happy early birthday!
Oh, poom-poom is now totally in my vocabulary. ROTFLMAO. Love Delilah’s books. Can’t wait for the next one!
My dearest Anna,
LOL about it being in your vocabulary now. My grandmother *is* quite the trend setter, lol. And omgosh about the Pop-Pop!!! THAT is totally being added to MY vocabulary (and I’m sure Grandma’s, lol)
Reminds me a little of the running gag in Arrested Development where the grandfather’s name, Pop-pop, is sometimes mistaken for a euphemism for sex. Just had to add that.