If you haven’t read a Regency romance by the skilled and talented Candice Hern, you are missing out. Not only is Candice a great writer, but her knowledge of the period is exceptional. Once you get done meeting Candice, make sure you wander over to her website and view her collections–Regency prints, fans, and alike and an ever-expanding Regency Glossary that every reader should have bookmarked. But best of all, I am thrilled to call her one of my dear friends. Now I hope to extend that privilege to you as well as you discover Five Things About Candice Hern:
1) Favorite indulgence: Bottega Veneta purses.
(EB: Of course I had to go look at the purses and added the link for all of you.)
2) The last book you read: Judgment in Death by J.D. Robb. I’m doing a marathon read of the entire series (all 41 books!) from the beginning. Twelve books in a row and so far I am not even close to being tired of Dallas and Roarke.
3) Favorite place to shop online: I probably buy more stuff at Amazon.com than any other site. But my favorite sites to browse are Portero.com and The Three Graces (georgianjewelry.com).
(EB: I probably should have titled this blog: 5 Ways Candice Hern will Enable Our Shopping Inclinations. LOL)
4) If you could go on a date with one of your heroes, which one and why? Probably Lord Thayne from Just One Of Those Flings. He’s handsome, rich, and likes older women.
5) Coolest celeb you’ve ever met: I once saw David Bowie walking down the street and I dashed up and introduced myself as one of his biggest fans. He was very charming. Does that count as having “met” him?
Candice has recently brought out all of her traditional Regency romances in ebook format. You can find a list of them and links to the various formats at Candice’s Ebook Central.
In addition to all these wonderful gems that have been out of print for ages and now are available again (huzzah!), Candice is working on a new Regency romance titled The Social Climber that she hopes to publish as an e-book later in the fall. You can find all her news at her website, www.candicehern.com.
You are two of my favorite authors, so I am loving this. But CURSE YOU for the link to The Three Graces site!!!! I already drool over the beautiful Georgian pieces for sale by one of the vendors at a local antique mall, and now this! Dangerous.
Yes, The Three Graces is a dangerous site. But even if you’re not buying, it’s fun to browse and see what type of jewelry the characters in our books might have worn. It’s sort of like an online museum.
Love the blog, Candice! You and I and purses–bad news, right? I must admit the 40 plus books in Nora’s JD Robb series has kept me on the sidelines, but maybe I’ll have to give them a try. Congrats on getting all the regency books up–I love straight regencies and was so sad when the publishers stopped publishing them.