I’m off to PLA next week–The Public Library Association if you don’t like acronyms)–and since I will have the ear of a room full of librarians, what would you like me to tell them about why, or even why not, you use your local public library? Time to sound off and I’ll compile your thoughts and share them with librarians from all over the country.
Just to get you started:
1) Do you use your local library for your romance reading habit and why? What do you love, what do you wish librarians would do to make their collections better?
2) If you don’t, why? What keeps you from using those free shelves? What might entice you into a library–programs, events, you tell me?
3) Have you gone to programs/events at your local library? What have you loved? Hated? Want more of?
4) Would you read a blog from your local library or follow them on Facebook?
5) Anything else you want me to share with them?
I now turn the soapbox over to all of you.