Last week, Sarita Leone of From the Heart blog surprised me by giving me (well, my blog that is) an award. It’s nice to know that not only does someone read my blog, but likes it enough to make such a nice offer of recognition. I am honored and just plain thrilled. Oh, let’s cut to the chase–I love winning anything as my post Bringing Home the Elephant will attest. I’ll have you know I blew dry my hair this morning in honor of publicly accepting it. It’s not every day I blow dry my hair. I went out for coffee with author, Serena Robar the other morning and she was all pretty with her make-up done and I was just proud that I was wearing clean jeans.
Can I confess something else? I have always wanted to win a blogging award. It is right there on my list between being interviewed by People magazine and being on Oprah. So really Sarita, I can’t tell you how thrilled I am, because not only do I get to proudly wear my award in my sidebar, but I also get to cross “winning a blog award” off my goal list. Of course, if anyone else wants to offer me another award, I am always willing to drag out the hair dryer and accept another one. There is no reason why a goal can’t have two or three lines through it.
But onto Sarita’s kind award, and the formalities. Because this award comes with a couple of rules:
1) Add the logo of the award to your blog
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blog
So in no particular order, I award this honor to the following:
1) The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick. Christina’s blog always has great giveaways and she has a better social life than I do.
2) Melissa’s Diary. Harlequin author Melissa McClone let’s us peek into her daily life. Like every day–sharing the great songs and pictures she finds along the way.
3) Channeling Erma. Erma Bombeck was probably the original great blogger–the grandmother of us all, and these authors make their own wry observations about life and families in much the same way. They make me smile all the time.
4) Posy Gets Cozy. The musings of Alicia Paulson, a Portland area blogger always leaves me ready to cook, craft and enjoy life. Her wonderful pics and lovely style always inspires.
5) Maya Rodale. I love it when she does her “The Same Six Questions.” Too funny and lots of fun. You got to like someone who wants to know what super powers you secretly covet. My answers can be found here.
6) The Goddess Blogs. These gals crack me up. Suzanne Enoch, Rachel Gibson, and Sabrina Jeffries especially, but there isn’t a one of them that doesn’t have a very funny (as in hilarious) way of looking at the world.
There they are! What blogs would give an award to? And if you blog, please tell us all about your blog–you can never have too many blogs to read. Hook me on reading your blog, and next time (assuming there is a next time) I can send an award your way!