Archive for the 'Around the Web' Category
Today bestselling Regency romance author Olivia Kelly has come to visit us, and let us in on five things we probably don’t know about her. Welcome, Olivia!
1) What is the very first romance novel that you read? Nora Robert’s Montana Sky. Well, that was the first “genre” romance I read. I’d read plenty of romance in the science fiction and fantasy novels I devoured as a teen. It just wasn’t very interesting to me if it didn’t at least have one romance subplot! But my first historical romance was Sabrina Jeffries. I think it was her Royal Brotherhood … Read more »
Today we’re welcoming my dear friend, and fabulous author, Leanne Shirtliffe to the blog! Her author bio tells you everything you need to know about her hilarious new book Mommyfesto. “Leanne is a humor writer whose motto is “If you can’t laugh at yourself, laugh at your kids.”” She’s a blast, and I’m thrilled to have her with us for a Five Things post today…
1) What’s your strongest/most productive writing habit? My most productive writing habit is that I’m deadline driven. When I set (or am given) a deadline, I meet it. Of course, being deadline driven is … Read more »
Today Rose Lerner has dropped by to share some interesting tidbits about herself with us. Rose is the author of several Regency romances. Her latest is True Pretenses, just out on the 13th, in which a philanthropist heiress agrees to marry a Jewish con artist to get her hands on her dowry. Fantastic!
1) Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? When I traveled around Europe the summer after my study abroad, I went to St. Petersburg during the White Nights (when the sun never quite sets all night because it’s so far north). I saw the … Read more »
Bestselling author Shana Galen is visiting the blog today. She writes fast-paced, adventurous Regency romances, the newest release being The Viscount of Vice. Welcome, Shana!
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? My real name is Shane, so my family often called me Shaney. In middle school, I wore pink all the time, and my friends called me Pinky. In high school, I turned Goth. That was the end of Pinky.
2) What’s your strongest/most productive writing habit? It’s definitely writing early and first thing in the morning. I can’t do this everyday because I have to get my … Read more »
Today we have bestselling Regency romance author Samantha Grace visiting. Her newest novel, One Rogue Too Many, first in a new series, just came out on January 7th. Welcome to the blog, Samantha!
1) Since romance authors always write about falling in love, when and how did you discover you were in love? I knew I was falling in love with my husband (boyfriend at the time) when he helped me find homes for a litter of kittens the stray I took in had. He made me laugh the whole time by joking and writing goofy signs to … Read more »
USA bestselling Regency Romance author Deb Marlowe is here today. Welcome to the blog, Deb, and thanks for answering these five questions…
1) Do you celebrate when you finish a book and what you do? I know this is going to sound weird, but the first thing I do when I finish a book . . . I clean the refrigerator. What fun, right? But people—I live with boys! Most days I am the only thing standing between them and a microbial war zone. And when I’m in the last throes of a book, I abandon the fight. There’s just … Read more »
Historical romance author Theresa Romain has joined us today to answer five questions about herself, and her stories, that you probably don’t know. Her newest novel, Secrets of a Scandalous Heiress, debuts on January 6th, and her holiday story, A Season for Desire, is out in stores now!
1) How do you pick the names of your Heroes/Heroines? I write Regency-set historical romance, so I need to make sure my characters have names that existed (or plausibly could have existed) in the early 1800s. One way I find names is through contemporary novels—that is, contemporary to the Regency! … Read more »
USA Today bestselling author Christi Caldwell is here today to tell us five things about herself we probably don’t know. Christi published her first Regency romance just a few years ago, and they have quickly gained in popularity. Her most recent release is For Love of the Duke, and just look at this cover!
1) Do you celebrate when you finish a book and what you do? I sleep! As a mom to a really, really energetic six-year old and twin 10-month-old babies, my days are spent between mommying and writing. I reward myself by curling up for … Read more »
USA Today bestselling author of smart, sassy Regency romances, Erin Knightley, is joining us on the blog today. She’s here to reveal five things we probably don’t know about her…
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? Believe it or not, my brother used to always call me Bushy-haired Cavewoman. Charming, no? LOL – it wasn’t until high school that I discovered hair product. Hilariously enough, when my sister was tracing our ancestry, we discovered that we are descendants of Captain John Stuart, whose Cherokee name was Bushyhead. Seriously!
2) How do you pick the names of your Heroes/Heroines?… Read more »
Have you met Avon Addict Merle yet? She’s come by today to share five things about herself that we probably don’t know! Welcome, Merle…
1) What is the very first romance novel that you read? I’m actually relatively new to romance — I only started reading it a year ago! My very first romance was Courtney Milan’s Unclaimed. I adored it so much I went out and bought all of her books immediately afterward.
2) Favorite place to find new books? There’s a large used bookstore here in my city called Gardner’s, and I LOVE wandering through their large … Read more »