Today Nicola Davidson, author of both Regency and Tudor era romances, is visiting us all the way from New Zealand! Welcome to the blog, Nicola, and thanks for sharing some fun facts with us…
5 Things with Nicola Davidson
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? My father always called me Shorty, because I was a pip squeak growing up – front row of every school photo. He still does, although I’m now 5ft 9″ tall and nearly look him in the eye…
2) Where do you go for inspiration when the creativity well is running a little dry? Anyplace with water. I’ve solved plot issues, untangled dialogue and thought of names, walking along a beach, perched on a rock in the middle of a river or washing my hair in the shower. I really need to invest in waterproof technology. Or keep a bucket beside my desk.
3) What new to you authors are you crazy about? I adore super sexy stories, historical, contemporary and paranormal. I’m on a contemporary binge at the moment, and I’m a big fan of Christina Lauren’s ‘Beautiful Bastard’ books and Jackie Ashenden’s ‘Living In’… series.
4) If you could time travel, what time period would you most like to visit? That’s a tough one – I write both Tudor and Regency, so would love to visit both! Most especially a jousting tournament or Christmastide in Henry VIII’s era, and a come-out ball at Almack’s in Regency time.
5) What is the most embarrassing song/app on your iPod? First confession – I don’t have an iPod! But I’m an 80’s music tragic, so have countless embarrassing songs to bellow and flail manically to. My neighbours are really lucky people.