Welcome to the blog, Ellie Macdonald, author of The Governess Club series!
Here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about Ellie:
1) Did you have a nickname growing up? My family called me The Mad Hatter because of my quick temper as a child and it’s also a play on my real name. They still call me it every once in awhile; my mom and sister even bought me a mug with The Mad Hatter on it at Disney World last year.
2) What’s your strongest/most productive writing habit? I wear noise reducing headphones. They are kinda like blinders for a horse: I put them on and then very little distracts me. Except for Facebook. And YouTube. And – well, you get the idea. ;0) I don’t know why it works for me; I mainly write at night so there’s not a lot of noise to begin with, but they just seem to focus me.
3) If you were going to an island for a long time, name 5 things you would bring. Assuming there is electricity and wifi on the island: my Kindle, sunscreen, my laptop, my toothbrush and my bathing suit. Hm, only two electronics on that list, not too bad.
4) If you could time travel, what time period would you most like to visit? Regency England, of course, but I do think I would be horrified to see how they actually lived. Not nearly as romantic as our novels make it out to be. Elizabethan England would be interesting as well.
5) What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done? I packed everything I owned into two suitcases and moved to London, England on my own for two years. I didn’t know anyone, I had less than 3 grand in my pocket (which doesn’t last long AT ALL there) and the extent of my planning was booking a hostel for the first week and registering with a headhunter firm. This was really was fly-by-the-seat- of-my-pants sort of thing. I loved every minute over there.