I am so thrilled to have my dear friend, Melissa McClone on the blog today. Melissa and I had our kids like one after another, have traded mom advice through it all, and relied on each other as sounding boards when things got (and still do get) crazy. We walk a very similar path and have so MUCH in common that sometimes it’s almost scary . . .
Like our mutual need for Peanut Buster Parfaits while on deadline . . .
1) Did you have a nickname growing up?
Yes! I was Missy for the first eighteen years of my life. When I went off to college, I started going by Melissa and have been that ever since. Occasionally family and longtime friends still call me Missy.
2) How do you pick the names of your Heroes/Heroines?
I have no method. Sometimes a name comes to me out of the blue or I’ll try to match a name to a personality type. One time I asked my 16 year-old daughter for suggestions which is why I now have a hero named Ashton/Ash. Want to guess what the name of the drummer in her favorite band is?
3) Do you celebrate when you finish a book and what you do?
Not sure I’d call it a celebration, but I sleep! For hours. And enjoy every minute!
4. If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, what would they be and why?
1) A computer—I use it to write, keep in touch, listen to music. Pretty much the one inanimate thing I wouldn’t want to live without!
2) Refrigerator—ice cream! Need I say more?
5. Name three books on your keeper shelf.
1) The Stand by Stephen King
2) Daniel’s Gift by Barbara Freethy
3) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
You can find Melissa McClone at: