Always fun to meet new authors, especially brand new authors. And Carla Swafford comes to publishing via the Avon Impulse line, which is a digital imprint that was launched last year. So I thought it would be fun to invite Carla over and let her meet all of you.
1. Did you have a nickname growing up? Yes. My granddaddy was hard of hearing, and we believed he misunderstood my name. He called me Polly.
2. Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been? My husband and I fell in love…with Denali, Alaska.
EB: I think we could be twins–I love Denali. So gorgeous. Have been twice now.
3. Do you celebrate when you finish a book and what you do? Yes. Eat chocolate and watch one of my favorite DVDs (A Knight’s Tale, Live Free or Die Hard, Pride and Prejudice, Fargo, etc.) and then start writing another book.
4. If you could go on a date with any superhero, who would you choose and why? Batman (played by Val Kilmer); he’s the bad boy hero, and Kilmer had the sexiest lips.
EB: No arguments there. I’ve always had that same crush on Val.
6. If you were going to an island for a long time, name 5 things you would bring. Romance Book, romance book, Pen, paper, and chocolate.