Last April at RT, I finally truly met Elizabeth Hoyt. She will tease me about this, but I know we had met before, but I had an actual chance to get to know her–mostly because I was pea-green with envy over the wonderful promo pieces she had done for her wonderful Maiden Lane series. (Which I gave away here all last spring!)
Probably because I fawned enough at RT, I was able, all these months later, to lure her over to my blog to let all of you know Five Things about Elizabeth Hoyt:
- 1) Did you have a nickname growing up?
- Pookie. Yes, really. Apparently I threw a fit at the age of three and a half over this unfortunate nickname and demanded to be called “’Liz-a-beff.” So don’t go trying to call me Pookie now!
- EB: As a fellow Elizabeth, where the nicknames are endless, be thankful you didn’t grow up with my “Elizabeth” nickname. Which will not be mentioned.
- 2) Where is the most beautiful/romantic place you’ve ever been?
- I once stood on Hadrian’s Wall and watched a red pony gallop across a misty blue-green field.
- 3) Most embarrassing song on your iPod?
- Dude! This is a toss-up as according to my Offspring most of the songs on my iPod are embarrassing. You’ve got a choice of Meatloaf’s “Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad” (which I play when writing sad love scenes) Wings’ “Live and Let Die” (good for action scenes) and the Weather Girls’ “It’s Raining Men”—no explanation necessary.
- 4) If you were going to an island for a long time, name 5 things you would bring?
- My iPad (loaded with books!)
- Some kind of battery to charge the darn iPad
- Canned evaporated milk for the coffee
- And a dog
- 5) Print or ebook?
- Ebook so I can enlarge the print. Also it’s great for reading in bed after Mr. Hoyt turns off the light.
Have you read Elizabeth Hoyt’s brand new book, Scandalous Desires? It is on sale now and sure to become your new favorite to load onto your ereader for that trip to the deserted island. To find out more about Elizabeth, please visit her website, www.elizabethhoyt.com.