For the past four months, I’ve been devoting my Thursday blogs to asking some of my favorite authors and good friends to give up five things about themselves that you might not know. I thought it would be a fun and unique way to introduce new authors to all of you.
This is how it works: I email a bunch of victims, er, good friends, acquaintances, authors I’ve read and enjoyed, and ask them to pick five questions out of a list of 10 (or to make up their own) and share the five things they think is interesting or unique about themselves.
Here are the 10 questions/categories they have to choose from:
1. Favorite indulgence:
2. First memory:
3. The last book you read:
4. Favorite place to shop online:
5. If you could go on a date with one of your heroes, which one and why?
6. Favorite dessert
7. Most played song on your iPod
8. Secret passion (hobby, collections, sport, thrill seeking)
9. Coolest celeb you’ve ever met (other than me)
10. Best advice your mother/grandmother/cool funky aunt/sister/college roommate gave you about men
Some of the answers have been surprising–Hello, Megan Crane and Toni Blake have both been in touching range of George Clooney. Finding out that Robyn DeHart and I both love the Don Juan DeMarco soundtrack, and that no one wants to share the advice their mother gave them about men. Or that said advice is just unrepeatable.
What’s the deal with that?
But here is where I want your input. What questions am I missing? What would you add to the list? I’m bringing back my Monday blog contest to get all of you to dig deep and give up the question you want answered by your favorite authors. Or, tell me who you want featured here.
Prize: A box of books! Of course. I’ve been collecting some great reads over the summer and now it is time to share them.
This is how you enter for a chance to win:
1) Leave a comment below with your questions for my upcoming Thursday interviews. If you are reading this on Facebook, you can only enter at my actual blog. Facebook does not allow contests via their site. http://elizabethboyle.com/blog/?p=1376 and/or
2) Tweet the following: @ElizBoyle hopes one of you can take home this box of books. http://elizabethboyle.com/blog/?p=1376
Do both and you are entered twice! I’ll give you all until midnight, PT, Saturday, September 17th to get your entries in and then I will pick one lucky winner.
Make sure to check back here Monday, September 19th to find out if you won.