It seems truly appropriate that my Brothel blog is followed by Delilah Marvelle. She loves writing about sex and madames and the madcap adventures of Regency rakes. Much more romantic than my Skagway adventures, and great reading to boot.
Delilah is a funny, earnest, wonderful person who loves writing–truly loves telling stories and that is why I admire her. She worked so hard to get published and hasn’t let up even after she’s published. So if you haven’t tried one of her books, I would suggest you do, especially if you like your heroines adventurous and your heroes seriously wicked.
1) The last book you read: The Sinner’s Grand Tour by Tony Perrottet. This was a fabulous book about all the underbelly history of Europe. A must read for anyone who likes the grittier side of history that wasn’t covered in our history classes.
2) If you could go on a date with one of your heroes, which one and why? I would love to go on a date with Roderick (Forever and a Day) and not just because he’s my latest hero, lol. He’s incredibly intelligent (earned several Oxford degrees) and I just love, love, love a man who can challenge my views in a respectful way (reminds me so much of my husband…so I guess you can say I not only dated him but I married him, lol).
3) Most played song on your iPod: Cough Syrup by Young the Giant
4) Coolest celeb you’ve ever met: Sean Penn. And I should probably say that my son actually “met” him while I just gawked, lol. My son was up for a casting call in a movie he was making “Into the Wild.”
5) Best advice your mother/grandmother/cool funky aunt/sister/college roommate gave you about men: My grandmother said to me, “All men want is poom-poom. But remember, Delilah, we are more than poom-poom. We are goddesses they cannot touch even when we allow them to kneel before us.” Poom-poom is her dainty way of saying “sex.” Seriously.
Truly, you never know what you will learn from my friends! Poom-poom, indeed! And if you would like to learn more about Delilah, check out her website at www.DelilahMarvelle.com. Her upcoming book, Forever and a Day will be out December 20, 2011. Which is enough time to read her backlist, and be ready for the new book. Just saying.